Chocolate-Oat Granola Recipe
My husband and I sampled this granola years ago when we were overnight guests at a friend's house. It really appealed to our sweet tooth. She shared the recipe and I've been making it ever since.
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, cereal and cornmeal. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat and stir the peanut butter and honey until smooth and thin, about 5 minutes. Pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Transfer to two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in the apples, raisins, chocolate chips and sunflower kernels. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 14-15 cups.
Originally published as Chocolate-Oat Granola in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p82
Reviews for Chocolate-Oat Granola(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review