Chocolate Nut Torte
This recipe brings back pleasant memories of my childhood—my grandmother would make it when we'd come to visit. Now I prepare it for my own grandchildren.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 chocolate bar with almonds (7 ounces), broken into pieces
- 16 large marshmallows, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional vanilla wafer crumbs, optional
- Place chocolate bar, marshmallows, almonds and milk in the top of a
- double boiler; melt over simmering water. Remove from heat and cool
- Sprinkle crumbs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Fold whipped
- cream into chocolate mixture; spread over crumbs. Sprinkle
- additional crumbs over top if desired. Refrigerate several hours or
- overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 211 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.