This recipe brings back pleasant memories of my childhood—my grandmother would make it when we'd come to visit. Now I prepare it for my own grandchildren.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 chocolate bar with almonds (7 ounces), broken into pieces
- 16 large marshmallows, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional vanilla wafer crumbs, optional
- Place chocolate bar, marshmallows, almonds and milk in the top of a double boiler; melt over simmering water. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Sprinkle crumbs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture; spread over crumbs. Sprinkle additional crumbs over top if desired. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Nut Torte in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p42
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review