Chocolate Nut Fudge Recipe
This old-fashioned silky smooth fudge that's dotted with just the right amount of nuts is sure to appeal to sweet tooths of all ages, assures Lori Saunders of Sterling, Illinois.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Butter a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate; stir until chips are melted. Add nuts and vanilla.
- 3. Spread into prepared pan. Cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC