Chocolate Nut Fudge
This old-fashioned silky smooth fudge that's dotted with just the right amount of nuts is sure to appeal to sweet tooths of all ages, assures Lori Saunders of Sterling, Illinois.
117 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a
- large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring
- Remove from the heat. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add
- chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate; stir until chips are
- melted. Add nuts and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Cut
- into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 5 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium,