Chocolate Nut Fudge Recipe
This old-fashioned silky smooth fudge that's dotted with just the right amount of nuts is sure to appeal to sweet tooths of all ages, assures Lori Saunders of Sterling, Illinois.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:117 servings
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter divided
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 32 large marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Butter a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Add chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate; stir until chips are melted. Add nuts and vanilla.
- 3. Spread into prepared pan. Cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC