Chocolate Nut Cookies
Folks are quick to grab one of these cookies when they see they're chocolate. Once they discover the nuts and vanilla chips, they grad a second and sometimes a third. This recipe moved with me from Kentucky to Arizona and now to Ohio!
— Farralee Baldwin, Centerville, Ohio
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and extract. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips and
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375°
- for 7-9 minutes. Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire
- racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 178 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.