With just a handful of ingredients, you can make this sinfully rich tart.—Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella, divided
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan; trim pastry even with edge (discard trimmed pastry or save for another use). Generously prick bottom of crust with a fork. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons Nutella for topping; spread remaining Nutella into cooled crust. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and cream; cook over medium-low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in macadamia nuts. Spread evenly over Nutella.
- In a microwave, heat reserved Nutella until warmed; drizzle over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Nut Caramel Tart in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p25
Reviews for Chocolate-Nut Caramel Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review