Chocolate-Nut Caramel Tart
With just a handful of ingredients, you can make this sinfully rich tart.—Kathy Specht, Clinton, Montana
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 jar (13 ounces) Nutella, divided
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. fluted tart pan
- with removable bottom. Press onto bottom and up sides of pan; trim
- pastry even with edge (discard or save trimmed pastry for another
- use). Generously prick bottom of crust with a fork. Bake 9-11
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons Nutella for topping; spread remaining Nutella
- into cooled crust. In a small saucepan, combine caramels and cream;
- cook over medium-low heat until blended, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in macadamia nuts. Spread evenly over
- In a microwave, heat reserved Nutella until warmed; drizzle over
- filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. If desired, serve with
- whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without whipped cream) equals 460 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium,