Chocolate Nut Candies
I've been making these yummy candies for many years. With their three rich gooey layers, a little goes a long way. One batch is enough to please a crowd.
150 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and peanut
- butter, stirring frequently. Pour half into a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. pan; chill. Set remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- In another saucepan, bring butter, milk and pudding mix to a boil;
- boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; pour
- into a large bowl; add vanilla. Gradually stir in sugar. Spread over
- chocolate layer in pan; chill.
- Add peanuts to reserved chocolate mixture; spread over filling.
- Chill. Cut into 1-in. x 1-1/2-in. pieces. Yield: 12-1/2 dozen.