Chocolate Nut Brownies Recipe
"THESE BROWNIES were enjoyed by everyone at our family's Fourth of July picnic. Mama always said that they didn't need frosting because they were the richest brownies around! I think she was right.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until smooth. Combine dry ingredients; stir into batter. Fold in half of nuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until brownies pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC