Chocolate Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts if desired.
- 2. Pour into four greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
1 slice: 251 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Bread
"It wasn't very sweet. Sort of bland.. Not enough chocolate. I added more chocolate squares but still not enough of a chocolate taste. I threw in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the batter. It turned out okay. Don't waste your time. It was a waste of 2 sticks of butter, 5 eggs and buttermilk."
"I used those cute little ceramic bread dishes you see at the holidays. Even after measuring them, the amount of batter filled all four to the top. I should have known better, but proceeded anyway. Batter rose over the top, down the sides, and burned onto the bottom of the oven. The breads however, turned out great - not heavy or overly sweet. So caution to those of you out there who might also like to use decorative bake ware like me - you may need FIVE mini baking dishes (and Do NOT fill loaves to the top.)"