Chocolate Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour into four greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 mini loaves.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Bread(1)
Sort By :
I used those cute little ceramic bread dishes you see at the holidays. Even after measuring them, the amount of batter filled all four to the top. I should have known better, but proceeded anyway. Batter rose over the top, down the sides, and burned onto the bottom of the oven. The breads however, turned out great - not heavy or overly sweet. So caution to those of you out there who might also like to use decorative bake ware like me - you may need FIVE mini baking dishes (and Do NOT fill loaves to the top.)