- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the flour, sugar and salt; beat just until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over crust.
- Combine the nuts and milk chocolate chips with the remaining semisweet chocolate chips and crumb mixture. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Bars
Sort By :
"My husband really liked these. The only problem was the chocolate chips and nuts fell off when they were cut. I just put them in a bowl and my husband snacked on it!"
"Amazingly delicious! I substituted pecans for all the different nuts and they were incredible. A definite keeper"
"Missed the rating part on my post!"
"This recipe was in a "Special Edition" I purchased this past winter, 2012. Made it for a Tea Luncheon of 34 people and it was an absolute hit!! Lots of people asked if I would share the recipe. We are snow birds and magazine was left in FL. HAD to make these for my grandson's graduation party and looked for it online by ingredients for 4 hours - that's how worth it they are. Enjoy!"
"I've made this several times, it's a huge hit w/my family. Every time I've made it I have found there isn't enough crust for top and buttom for 13 x 9 inch pan so I don't add any to top, I add more chocolate & nuts to top. Crust takes longer to bake then what recipe calls, mine took 15 minutes. My family calls the bars, "Nuts for chocolate" :-)"