Chocolate Nut Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the flour, sugar and salt; beat just until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over crust.
- Combine the nuts and milk chocolate chips with the remaining semisweet chocolate chips and crumb mixture. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Bars(29)
Sort By :
Missed the rating part on my post!
This recipe was in a "Special Edition" I purchased this past winter, 2012. Made it for a Tea Luncheon of 34 people and it was an absolute hit!! Lots of people asked if I would share the recipe. We are snow birds and magazine was left in FL. HAD to make these for my grandson's graduation party and looked for it online by ingredients for 4 hours - that's how worth it they are. Enjoy!
I've made this several times, it's a huge hit w/my family. Every time I've made it I have found there isn't enough crust for top and buttom for 13 x 9 inch pan so I don't add any to top, I add more chocolate & nuts to top. Crust takes longer to bake then what recipe calls, mine took 15 minutes. My family calls the bars, "Nuts for chocolate" :-)
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Crumbly? yes a little. Delicious? Yes very! I only saved 1/4 cup of crumb mixture for the top and used the extra in the crust. I also only used about 1/2 cup in total of the chopped nuts.made it with fat free sweetened. Condensed. Milk because that is what I had on hand. Husband who isn't a sweet fan said it was a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bars >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >