Chocolate Nut Acorns
"I love to bake, especially for friends," says Penny Clawson of Lititz, Pennsylvania. "These cookies are a particular favorite I make for gatherings in the fall. They look great and taste even better...plus, they're the first treats to disappear when I serve them!"
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine flour and
- baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup
- of nuts.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. ovals.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip
- half of each cookie in chocolate. Dip chocolate ends into remaining
- Yield: About 5 dozen.