- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup of nuts.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. ovals. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate. Dip chocolate ends into remaining nuts. Yield: About 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Acorns
"Amazing cookies. These delicious treats not only looked incredible but took no time at all to whip up. They were the first cookies to be gone from the platter- everyone loved them."
"These were easy to make and look so impressive. I took a batch to work and every taster enjoyed them!"