- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup of nuts.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. ovals. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate. Dip chocolate ends into remaining nuts. Yield: About 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Nut Acorns
Sort By :
"Amazing cookies. These delicious treats not only looked incredible but took no time at all to whip up. They were the first cookies to be gone from the platter- everyone loved them."
"These were easy to make and look so impressive. I took a batch to work and every taster enjoyed them!"