Chocolate Napoleons Recipe
People will think you fussed over these impressive desserts from Roberta Strohmaier of Lebanon, New Jersey. She uses frozen puff pastry for the flaky shells and dresses up pudding mix for the yummy chocolate filling.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. square. Cut into twelve 4-in. x 3-in. rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and sour cream until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until blended. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- 3. To assemble, split each pastry in half. Spoon pudding mixture over bottom halves and replace tops. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over top. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 366 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Napoleons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC