Chocolate Napoleons Recipe
People will think you fussed over these impressive desserts from Roberta Strohmaier of Lebanon, New Jersey. She uses frozen puff pastry for the flaky shells and dresses up pudding mix for the yummy chocolate filling.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-in. square. Cut into twelve 4-in. x 3-in. rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 9-12 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and sour cream until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes or until blended. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, split each pastry in half. Spoon pudding mixture over bottom halves and replace tops. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over top. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Napoleons in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p34
Reviews for Chocolate Napoleons(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >