- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the applesauce, milk, egg substitute and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p17
Reviews for Chocolate Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2014
"Turned out great! I used Greek yoghurt instead of natural yoghurt remaining true to the rest of the recipe.Really moist, full of flavour and they were huge!I will definitely be making these again!"
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2010
"Good for a low fat muffin. My children enjoy them and I feel better about the fat content"