Chocolate Mousse Pumpkin Pie Recipe
In Omaha, Nebraska, Kathy Peters combines canned pumpkin with two kinds of chocolate in this fully autumn delight that's perfect for special occasions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the pumpkin, marshmallows and chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 20-30 seconds longer or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- 2. Set aside about 1 tablespoon of whipped topping. Fold remaining topping into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into crust. Garish with the reserved topping and miniature chips if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 379 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC