In Omaha, Nebraska, Kathy Peters combines canned pumpkin with two kinds of chocolate in this fully autumn delight that's perfect for special occasions.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the pumpkin, marshmallows and chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 20-30 seconds longer or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Set aside about 1 tablespoon of whipped topping. Fold remaining topping into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into crust. Garish with the reserved topping and miniature chips if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mousse Pumpkin Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p61
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2013
"Made it several years ago for Thanksgiving dinner and have been looking for the recipe ever since!"