In Omaha, Nebraska, Kathy Peters combines canned pumpkin with two kinds of chocolate in this fully autumn delight that's perfect for special occasions.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the pumpkin, marshmallows and chips. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 20-30 seconds longer or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Set aside about 1 tablespoon of whipped topping. Fold remaining topping into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into crust. Garish with the reserved topping and miniature chips if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mousse Pumpkin Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p61
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2013
"Made it several years ago for Thanksgiving dinner and have been looking for the recipe ever since!"