Chocolate Mousse Pie Recipe
More Pudding & Mousse Recipes »
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (7 ounces)
- 16 large marshmallows or 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker crust or chocolate crumb crust or pastry shell, baked (9 inches)
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- 2. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 480 calories, 36g fat (19g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Pie
"Excellent! Have made this many times since finding the recipe a few years ago. Thank you for sharing!"
"I made this recipe to make mini mousse cups for my daughter's World Thinking Day Event for Girl Scouts. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows with half-n-half instead of milk. We whipped our own whipped cream from heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar. The first four batches seemed to be going fine, but seemed a bit runny. They are in my refrigerator now and I am a bit worried about them. But the last batch came out much lighter and fluffier that the rest. I discovered the secret by accident. The chocolate and marshmallow mixture needs time to get really cold before being folded into the whipped cream. I had taken a break and let the last batch of chocolate sit in the freezer for almost an hour, rather than the 15-20 minutes of the first four batches. Really yummy either way!"
"Twice I made this and it does not set up! I make a similar recipe with no problem. I think it is the milk."
"Awesome pie!! I used two tubs of sugar-free cool whip and it was wonderful!"
"My son requested a choc mousse pie for his bday and I made this one for him. What a big hit it was. Everyone just loved it. Will definitely make it again!"
"I've made this recipe many times and my whole family loves it."
"This pie was out of this world.Bought to a friends party and it was a huge hit"