More Pudding & Mousse Recipes »
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (7 ounces)
- 16 large marshmallows or 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 graham cracker crust or chocolate crumb crust or pastry shell, baked (9 inches)
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Pie
"Excellent! Have made this many times since finding the recipe a few years ago. Thank you for sharing!"
"This was so easy! I used 3 Hershey bars and enough Nestle chips to make the 7oz, swapped the whipping cream for heavy cream. Cut the marshmallows into smaller pieces and the process goes very quickly. Great dessert and a new family favorite!"
"I made this recipe to make mini mousse cups for my daughter's World Thinking Day Event for Girl Scouts. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows with half-n-half instead of milk. We whipped our own whipped cream from heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and sugar. The first four batches seemed to be going fine, but seemed a bit runny. They are in my refrigerator now and I am a bit worried about them. But the last batch came out much lighter and fluffier that the rest. I discovered the secret by accident. The chocolate and marshmallow mixture needs time to get really cold before being folded into the whipped cream. I had taken a break and let the last batch of chocolate sit in the freezer for almost an hour, rather than the 15-20 minutes of the first four batches. Really yummy either way!"
"Twice I made this and it does not set up! I make a similar recipe with no problem. I think it is the milk."
"Awesome pie!! I used two tubs of sugar-free cool whip and it was wonderful!"
"My son requested a choc mousse pie for his bday and I made this one for him. What a big hit it was. Everyone just loved it. Will definitely make it again!"
"I've made this just as a chocolate mousse recipe. Sooo good! I never realized it was supposed to have almonds in it. Whoops. I just used plain chocolate. I would recommend using the mini marshmallows - they melt faster. And make sure to let it cool otherwise it melts the whipped cream. ;)"
"I've made this recipe many times and my whole family loves it."