Chocolate Mousse Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- 3. Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan that has been lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8-10 hours.
- 4. For sauce, place raspberries in a blender; cover and puree. Strain and discard seeds. Stir corn syrup into raspberry puree; refrigerate. Unmold mousse onto a serving platter; serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 each: 277 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Loaf
"The Mousse is delicious. The recipe is a wreck. The online directions are not sufficient. I would not have been able to make the recipe if I didn't own the book it was published in."