This showstopping loaf would make a tempting centerpiece for the most sumptuous holiday table.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan that has been lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8-10 hours.
- For sauce, place raspberries in a blender; cover and puree. Strain and discard seeds. Stir corn syrup into raspberry puree; refrigerate. Unmold mousse onto a serving platter; serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mousse Loaf in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p43
Reviews for Chocolate Mousse Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review