Chocolate Mousse Frosting
"This smooth, fluffy frosting is a real treat for cake lovers on a restricted diet—plus everybody else," shares Kim Marie Van Rheenen of Mendota, Illinois. "Another way I like to serve it is layered in a parfait glass with cubed angel food cake or fresh fruit and topped with additional whipped topping. It makes a pretty dessert."
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold
- in whipped topping. Frost the cake. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Editor's Note: The chocolate mousse would also make a good dip for fresh strawberries or other fruit.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without cake) equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.