- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 package (8 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut. (It may be necessary to transfer to a larger bowl to stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut.) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide dough into six sections. Shape each into a 7-in. x 1-1/2-in. roll. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Monster Cookies
"I have made this recipe several times and every time it is a big hit. Love it, would not change a thing."
"I wouldn't even make this recipie the way it is once- it is definitely very unhealthy. I transformed it into a healthy recipie:1 cup less of butter and sugar ea. -only organic evaporated cane juice sugar,organic eggs,1/4 cup chocolate almond silk3 1/2 C. wheat free flour (sorghum, spelt, rice or millet),1/2 C. organic cocoa powder,aluminum free baking powder,sea salt,organic corn flakes (free of high fructose corn syrup),organic oats,organic bitter-sweet chocolate chips,organic mixed chopped nuts- almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts & sunflower seeds.(dry & wet can be adjusted accordingly.Cook in muffin tin filling halfway thru for real monster cookies (half the size of a muffin)."
"I use peanut M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and nuts. It adds color, and the kids love it!"