Chocolate Monster Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 package (8 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut. (It may be necessary to transfer to a larger bowl to stir in the cornflakes, oats and coconut.) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Divide dough into six sections. Shape each into a 7-in. x 1-1/2-in. roll. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Monster Cookies(4)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe several times and every time it is a big hit. Love it, would not change a thing.
who eats cookies because they r healthy?
My kids love this cookie and everyone else who tries them. I am definatly making them again. We like to make htem BIG too. :)
I wouldn't even make this recipie the way it is once- it is definitely very unhealthy. I transformed it into a healthy recipie:
1 cup less of butter and sugar ea. -only organic evaporated cane juice sugar,
1/4 cup chocolate almond silk
3 1/2 C. wheat free flour (sorghum, spelt, rice or millet),
1/2 C. organic cocoa powder,
aluminum free baking powder,
organic corn flakes (free of high fructose corn syrup),
organic bitter-sweet chocolate chips,
organic mixed chopped nuts- almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts & sunflower seeds.
(dry & wet can be adjusted accordingly.
Cook in muffin tin filling halfway thru for real monster cookies (half the size of a muffin).
I use peanut M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and nuts. It adds color, and the kids love it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Monster Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >