Here's a family treat we enjoy as we open Christmas gifts. With chocolate inside, the pull-apart bread is impossible to resist. —Heather Deterding, Odenton, Maryland
Featured In: 15 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 64 milk chocolate kisses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until sugar is melted; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shape each piece around a chocolate kiss; pinch seams to seal. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Add biscuits, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup caramel into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Arrange a third of the biscuits in the pan and drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if biscuits brown too quickly. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Monkey Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p31
Reviews for Chocolate Monkey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review