Chocolate Monkey Bread Recipe
Here's a family treat we enjoy as we open Christmas gifts. With chocolate inside, the pull-apart bread is impossible to resist. —Heather Deterding, Odenton, Maryland
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 64 milk chocolate kisses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until sugar is melted; set aside.
- 2. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shape each piece around a chocolate kiss; pinch seams to seal. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Add biscuits, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. Spoon 1/4 cup caramel into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Arrange a third of the biscuits in the pan and drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel. Repeat layers twice.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if biscuits brown too quickly. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 432 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Monkey Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC