Chocolate Molten Cakes Recipe
Be prepared to swoon once you dip into this indulgent flourless cake and warm chocolate oozes from its center. This is Kristin Page’s favorite dessert on the menu at La Boucherie. Try it, and you’ll understand why.
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 6 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with 2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle sides and bottoms of each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar; set aside.
- 2. In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon-colored. With a spatula, fold half of the egg mixture into chocolate mixture just until blended. Fold in remaining egg mixture.
- 3. Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cake are set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edge of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cake equals 877 calories, 68 g fat (39 g saturated fat), 359 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Molten Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC