Be prepared to swoon once you dip into this indulgent flourless cake and warm chocolate oozes from its center. This is Kristin Page’s favorite dessert on the menu at La Boucherie. Try it, and you’ll understand why.
Recommended: Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 6 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 6 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with 2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle sides and bottoms of each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar; set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon-colored. With a spatula, fold half of the egg mixture into chocolate mixture just until blended. Fold in remaining egg mixture.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around sides of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Molten Cakes in Country April/May 2010, p52
Reviews for Chocolate Molten Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review