- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 6 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with 2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle sides and bottoms of each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar; set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon-colored. With a spatula, fold half of the egg mixture into chocolate mixture just until blended. Fold in remaining egg mixture.
- Transfer to prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cake are set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edge of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Molten Cakes in Country April/May 2010, p52
Reviews for Chocolate Molten Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review