- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, molasses and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 260° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Cool slightly. Score the surface into small squares. Cool completely and cut along scored lines. Wrap candy in waxed paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
Originally published as Molasses Taffy in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p70
Reviews for Chocolate Molasses Taffy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review