- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 4 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until crumbly. Add egg; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture. Add milk and mix well. (Dough will be sticky.) With lightly floured hands, roll dough into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Flatten slightly with a glass coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until edges are set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Beat in extract, food coloring if desired and milk. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Whoopie Pies
Sort By :
"This was my first whoopie pie AND my first TOH recipe. They came out more like cookies with frosting, not as I remember whoopie pies to be. BUT, they were good. I would just double the batter to drop them double the size, to make them bigger."
"we had high hopes but these were just OK. Next time I'll try another whoopie pie instead."
"Good flavor, runny batter"
"We liked the taste of these cookies but I only used 2 tsp of fat-free milk instead of. 2 tbsp. It was too thin. I will try them again."