Chocolate Mint Wafers
I created these melt-in-your-mouth thin mints for a cookie exchange, and everyone raved about them. They're often requested by my family and have become one of my daughter's favorites. To switch up the flavor, try using different extracts instead of peppermint. -Michelle Kester, Cleveland, Ohio
18-24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 18 to 24 vanilla wafers
- Place candy coating and extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring every
- 15 seconds.
- Dip vanilla wafers in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 38 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.