Indulging in a slice of this decadent dessert is like biting into a smooth truffle candy. You can vary the flavor by using raspberry-flavored baking chocolate chips.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Coarsely chopped dark chocolate candy bar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs and 1/4 cup butter; press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse chips, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until chips are chopped. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream and remaining butter over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Pulse chips again; drizzle cream mixture over chocolate while processing. Whisk a small amount of chocolate mixture into eggs; return all to food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into tart shell. Bake until center is just set (mixture will jiggle), 25-30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, top with fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves and chopped dark chocolate. Refrigerate. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Truffle Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p64
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Truffle Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review