Chocolate Mint Torte Recipe
This frozen treat comes together in a snap. I melt chocolate-covered mint candies and mix them into the creamy filling for refreshing flavor. A cookie-crumb crust and a sprinkling of extra mint candies make it fun any time of the year.
- 27 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat candies and milk over low heat until candy is melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Place marshmallow creme in a large bowl; gradually beat in mint mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Transfer to prepared crust. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with additional whipped cream and candies. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC