Chocolate Mint Souffles Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Separate eggs. Place whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place yolks in another bowl; set aside.
- 2. Coat two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar; place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and extract until chips are melted. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- 5. Beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold a fourth of the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- 6. Transfer to prepared ramekins. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until tops are puffed and centers are almost set. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Souffles
"It was very easy, and very good, although I didn't have any mint extract, so I used almond extract instead."
"First time making a souffle - very good and easy."
"Excellent but try substituting the chocolate chips with white chocolate. Wicked"
"This was my first-ever attempt at making chocolate souffles. It was really easy and fun. The finished product turned out great and was very tasty. This would be great to make for a date night or even just a nice treat for you and a friend."