Chocolate Mint Souffles Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Separate eggs. Place whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place yolks in another bowl; set aside.
- 2. Coat two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar; place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and extract until chips are melted. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- 5. Beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold a fourth of the egg whites into chocolate mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- 6. Transfer to prepared ramekins. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until tops are puffed and centers are almost set. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 souffle equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Souffles
"It was very easy, and very good, although I didn't have any mint extract, so I used almond extract instead."
"First time making a souffle - very good and easy."
"Excellent but try substituting the chocolate chips with white chocolate. Wicked"
"This was my first-ever attempt at making chocolate souffles. It was really easy and fun. The finished product turned out great and was very tasty. This would be great to make for a date night or even just a nice treat for you and a friend."