Chocolate-Mint Shamrock Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- Pencil, paper, scissors and waxed paper
- 1 cup light green candy coating disks
- 24 chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup, warmed
- Gold pearl dust
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, with a pencil and paper, draw shamrock design. Cut out pattern. Melt candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Place waxed paper over the pattern; pipe a shamrock design. Repeat 23 times. Refrigerate until set.
- Lightly brush wafers with corn syrup; brush with pearl dust. Gently lift candy shamrocks from waxed paper. Lightly brush bottoms with corn syrup; attach to wafers. Set aside.
- Place Andes candies in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over candies; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Dip cupcakes into melted mints; let stand until set. Press a shamrock-topped wafer onto each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Mint Shamrock Cupcakes
Sort By :
Thank you! I am going to try to gather all the ingredients tomorrow and take the cupcakes to the Wednesday night supper at church for the kids! I am going to try Michael's for the gold dust and am hoping they have it. Not sure where else to find Wilton supplies at short notice. I am with the the other gal who posted saying it would be great to get this kind of recipe a week or so before so you have time to gather everything. Do love the recipes though!
wouldnt it be better to send a holoday reco[e a weel or so before the holiday and not the day before---if i was looking for a recipe like this i would not want to be getting stuff together the day or nite before---thaks---i love getting your emails
They are probably "Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers" which are in a yellow box. I have not looked for them recently, but I have found them at my local grocery store with other Nabisco products in the past.
The recipe calls for Chocolate wafers - is this a cookie? If someone can give me a brand and where they purchased them from I would appreciate it. Thanks!