Chocolate-Mint Shamrock Cupcakes Recipe
Celebrate the luck of the Irish with these adorable St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes. The best part of the recipe is how impressive they look, but how easy they are to make! The festive decorations are the magic of melted candy and gold dust. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 2 hours Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- Pencil, paper, scissors and waxed paper
- 1 cup light green candy coating disks
- 24 chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup, warmed
- Gold pearl dust
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, with a pencil and paper, draw shamrock design. Cut out pattern. Melt candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Place waxed paper over the pattern; pipe a shamrock design. Repeat 23 times. Refrigerate until set.
- 3. Lightly brush wafers with corn syrup; brush with pearl dust. Gently lift candy shamrocks from waxed paper. Lightly brush bottoms with corn syrup; attach to wafers. Set aside.
- 4. Place Andes candies in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over candies; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Dip cupcakes into melted mints; let stand until set. Press a shamrock-topped wafer onto each cupcake. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC