- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- Dash salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, water and chocolate chips. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Cool. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies(3)
Sort By :
I made these yesterday and they are sooo good!!! I think next time I might add about 1/4 tsp more milk in the frosting to spread a bit easier but overall they are great!!!
These are great for Xmas cookie trays. I finely crush some candy canes and roll the sides of the cookie sandwiches in them, so they stick to the edges of the filling--looks really festive for the holidays!
I LOVE this recipe. These cookies are awesome! I always bring a big plate as a dessert for new moms. I have to give them to someone or I will eat all of them. So yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >