Our Test Kitchen came up with this creamy, lactose-free dessert that could also be used in a parfait, as a filling or as a dip for fruit or pound cake. You'll love the rich chocolaty-mint flavor. TIP: If you don't care for mint, leave out the extract. For a more mousse-like dessert, stir in some non-dairy topping.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 6 ounces silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla soy milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- Dash salt
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to two dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Pudding in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p35
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2011
"Who says Vegans can't eat just as well as everyone else! Death by chocolate!!I used 2 tbsp regular soy milk (it's sweet enough without the extra vanilla) and cut the sugar to 1/3 cup. Oh and used 8oz of Tofu.SO GOOD"