Chocolate Mint Parfaits
This minty chocolate dessert tastes so light and refreshing. For fun, you can add some tempting finishing touches to the dessert parfaits. Top them with shaved chocolate, nuts or crumbled cookies. Or you can substitute vanilla or banana pudding.—Karalee Reinke, Omaha, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Mint Andes candies, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set
- aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, extract and
- remaining milk. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon half of the pudding into four parfait glasses. Top with half of
- cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with candies if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without candies) equals 323 calories, 16 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.