Chocolate Mint Parfaits Recipe
This minty chocolate dessert tastes so light and refreshing. For fun, you can add some tempting finishing touches to the dessert parfaits. Top them with shaved chocolate, nuts or crumbled cookies. Or you can substitute vanilla or banana pudding.Karalee Reinke, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Mint Andes candies, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, extract and remaining milk. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon half of the pudding into four parfait glasses. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with candies if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Parfaits in Country Woman July/August 2002, p39
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2012
This was just great.We enjoyed it!
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
A tasty dessert that was easy to make. I used skim milk, sf/ff pudding, lite cream cheese, and lite whipped topping. Next time I'll probably add a drop of green food coloring to the cream cheese mixture.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >