Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Recipe
"When the weather gets hot, my family really enjoys this cool combination of chocolate and mint," says Fran Skaff of Egg Harbor, Wisconsin. "It doesn't require an ice cream maker—all that you need is an ordinary freezer. My ice cream's versatile, too. We've used crushed Heath bars, Oreo cookies and miniature chocolate chips in place of the Andes candies."
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and chocolate syrup; set aside. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture and candies.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container; cover and freeze for 5 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Ice Cream in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p60
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2010
"This is quick to mix up and makes a wonderfully satisfying chocolate dessert. Will definitely keep this one handy"