Chocolate Mint Freeze Recipe
From Thorp, Wisconsin, Miriam Miller sends this creamy five-ingredient treat. Loaded with chocolate flavor and a hint of peppermint, frosty servings are great for small get-togethers. Store any leftovers in the freezer for whenever your sweet tooth comes calling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing YIELD:9 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in chocolate chips. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add peppermint extract; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 206 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC