Chocolate Mint Eclair Dessert Recipe
- 23 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (3.3 to 3.4 ounces each) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with cooking spray. Break five whole graham crackers in half; line the bottom of pan with three half crackers and six whole crackers.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mix, extract and food coloring if desired for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread half over graham crackers. Top with a another layer of three half and six whole crackers. Top with remaining pudding mixture and graham crackers (save remaining half cracker for another use). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in cocoa and milk until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over dessert. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Eclair Dessert
Sort By :
"I made this for Christmas at the request of my 11 year old who loves chocolate and mint. I loved the flavor-it reminded me of the icebox cakes my mom used to make but much easier to prepare. I did have one problem in that it was fairly puddingish in that it didn't cut like the picture, I almost had to spoon it out like pudding. Not sure what went wrong but it won't keep me from making it again. Also since I always have several desserts for the holidays, if I make it again for a holiday, I plan on trying to see what happens with a smaller dish (9x9?) and for each of the graham cracker layers making it a double thickness. I'll probably 1/2 the rest of the ingrediants. And with the smaller dish, I hopefully won't have to double the frosting layer."
"This is one of my favorite dessert recipes. I have made it on a number of family occasions and it always gets rave reviews. People cannot believe when I tell them what the ingredients are and just how easy it is to make. But I double the chocolate frosting or it doesn't quite cover the top."
"Double the amount of chocolate frosting."