My college roommate gave me this recipe, which I lightened up a little. You can try other pudding flavors, but I think the combination of mint and chocolate is perfect for the holidays. —Renee Ratcliffe of Charlotte, North Carolina
- 23 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (3.3 to 3.4 ounces each) instant white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. dish with cooking spray. Break five whole graham crackers in half; line the bottom of pan with three half crackers and six whole crackers.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mix, extract and food coloring if desired for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread half over graham crackers. Top with a another layer of three half and six whole crackers. Top with remaining pudding mixture and graham crackers (save remaining half cracker for another use). Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in cocoa and milk until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over dessert. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Eclair Dessert in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p37
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Eclair Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review