Chocolate Mint Dessert Recipe
"A rich fudge layer plus crunchy nuts and coconut make this dessert perfect for when you want to serve something special without last-minute fuss," says Barb Seibenaler of Random Lake, Wisconsin. "It's easy to make the day before and freeze overnight."
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1. In a skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add coconut; cook and stir until golden brown. Remove from the heat. Stir in brown sugar and pecans; mix well. Set aside 1 cup.
- 2. Press remaining coconut mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate and remaining butter. Add sugar and milk. Bring to a slow boil; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool; pour over coconut mixture.
- 4. Spread ice cream over top. Sprinkle with the reserved coconut mixture. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- 5. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. The dessert may be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 395 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC