I tuck a chocolate-covered peppermint patty into every one of these rich cookies. The drizzle on top adds a nice touch. I revised a brownie recipe to create these take-along treats.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 bite-size chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 18 bite-size chocolate-covered peppermint patties
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into two 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place one slice on waxed paper; top with a peppermint patty and a second dough slice. Press edges of dough together to completely cover the peppermint patty. Repeat.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 11-13 minutes or until set, watching carefully. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- For icing, in a microwave, melt peppermint patties and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Delights in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p239
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Delights
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review