Chocolate Mint Crisps Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Transfer to a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. With mixer on high speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture, beating on low until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are set and tops are puffed and cracked (cookies will become crisp after cooling).
- Immediately top each cookie with a mint. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; spread over cookie. Remove to wire racks; let stand until chocolate is set and cookies are cooled. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Crisps(13)
Sort By :
These were a wonderful addition to my Christmas cookie tray this year!! Delicious and also loved that I bought Andes candies in bulk!! saved some money on that!!
Big hit. Eveyone loved them.
I made this for my family, and I didn't even have to melt the candies on top, and they wouldn't leave them alone!
These are delicious cookies, popular with everyone. I have a question, though. Have you other bakers noticed this cookie gets a little flat, or did I do something wrong?
Although these are tasty now that they are done, I made them exactly as the recipes directs except I made a double batch in my KitchenAid mixer and refrigerated it overnight with the lid on. Oh my, it was like concrete when I got it out the next day to make them. Had to have my boyfriend chip the batter in chunks in order for me to work with it. What did I do wrong?!
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >