- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and water. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Transfer to a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. With mixer on high speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture, beating on low until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are set and tops are puffed and cracked (cookies will become crisp after cooling).
- Immediately top each cookie with a mint. Let stand for 1-2 minutes; spread over cookie. Remove to wire racks; let stand until chocolate is set and cookies are cooled. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Mint Crisps
Sort By :
"these were always a hit in our family...glad i found the recipe"
"These were a wonderful addition to my Christmas cookie tray this year!! Delicious and also loved that I bought Andes candies in bulk!! saved some money on that!!"
"Big hit. Eveyone loved them."
"I made this for my family, and I didn't even have to melt the candies on top, and they wouldn't leave them alone!"
"These are delicious cookies, popular with everyone. I have a question, though. Have you other bakers noticed this cookie gets a little flat, or did I do something wrong?"